Founding of the school support association
The idea of establishing a school was very well received. On October 18, 1934, the School Support Association was founded. The German School was registered with and recognized by the Nicaraguan authorities.
Recognition by the German Reich
The German Reich Government also recognized the small German School Managua. The German Foreign Ministry granted a one-time subsidy of 2,000.00 Reichsmark for the budget year 1936.
Resumption of the project
Unfortunately, the Second World War put an end to this promising project. It was not until December 1, 1967 that the idea was resumed, which is why this date is considered the founding date of the German School Managua.
Diversity and Trust in Kindergarten
It was positive to observe that many parents of the host country entrusted the education of their children to the German School Nicaragua. Approximately half of the children enrolled were Nicaraguan, in addition to the German children, children of Swiss, US, English and French parents were part of the school.
The first graduates
The classrooms quickly became too small. Thus, in 1972, the construction of the new required buildings was started. Fortunately, these new buildings were not damaged by the earthquake of December 23 of that year The German School Nicaragua was the first to begin functioning again after the earthquake.