GIB and later
The Diploma Program (DP) is a two-year international education program, which prepares students aged 16 to 19 for for study at university or college. The DP also prepares adolescents to be creative problem solvers and independent thinkers throughout their lives, giving them the tools to succeed in a rapidly changing and increasingly globalized society.
The Diploma Program offers a holistic approach to teaching and learning, with a clear focus on developing intercultural awareness. Students learn to explore and understand the world around them through inquiry, critical thinking and open-mindedness. PD students complete courses in six subject groups, ensuring breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding. By taking a variety of subjects, they receive a well-rounded education that encourages them to see the connections between different academic fields. An additional language is also required, as is the completion of the program's core curriculum, which consists of three components: The Theory of Knowledge (ToK) course challenges students to reflect on the nature of knowledge and how we know what we claim to know. The Monograph introduces students to the demands and rewards of independent work prior to entering college by requiring them to submit an independent research paper on an area of personal interest. Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) is an experiential learning component in which students participate in a variety of extracurricular activities, such as community service or sports.
- The subject epistemology (ET) encourages students to think about the nature of knowledge and to reason about how we can know what we claim to know.
- The comprehensive subject essay introduces students to the demands and benefits of independent work by requiring them to write an independently designed research paper in an area of their personal interests.
- The Creativity, Activity, and Service (KAD) subject is an empirical learning component in which students engage in a variety of extracurricular activities, such as community service and sports.
Why the diploma program?
- A challenging curriculum
- A student-centered approach
- An internationally minded approach
- A respected, reliable and world-renowned academic preparation.
- DP graduates excel at the university.
University and beyond
The DP was specifically designed for the purpose of preparing all students for successful entry into university and subsequent study. DP graduates are well equipped to adapt, engage, and succeed in a variety of challenges. Upon graduation, they will have analysis, writing, communication, and presentation skills; research experience; excellent organizational skills and time management; the ability to view a topic area from multiple perspectives; and a deeper understanding of scientific concepts. This is an excellent foundation for them to succeed at their chosen university.
How can we help you?
Km 10.5 Carretera Sur, 800m west , Managua, Nicaragua
Monday - Friday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM